|What is the difference between an authentic and a replica helmet?|
- Authentic helmets feature complete, authentic interior padding. The replica helmets just have molded foam jaw and neck pads so that the helmet looks real when on display. As a result, an authentic helmet weighs considerably more than a replica.
- Short answer ... lawyers and insurance companies. Riddell and Schutt are required to place "no-wear" devices inside the helmets as a licensing requirement. The purpose is to avoid any injury liability on the part of the school if someone wore their helmet and got injured.
- We have never tried, but wouldn't be surprised if there were something on YouTube about it.
- We do not ship outside the U.S. ... however, there is a very reputable package forwarding service that we can recommend. They are at www.MYUS.com (short for "my U.S. address"). If you use them they give you a U.S. address at their forwarding warehouse and we ship the helmet to that address (free shipping) and they forward it to you. (Australia Post has their own forwarding service ... info at www.shopmate.auspost.com.au)
- The construction and materials in the helmets are the same. Any difference is cosmetic and the result of licensing negotiations with each school. For example, whether the front and rear helmet bumpers say Riddell or Schutt or the school's name/nickname. Also, many of the small decals on the back of on-field helmets, i.e., conference decals, are applied by the school and are not included on the public sale helmets.
- Yes there is ... look at the ventilation holes in the top of the helmet - the Schutt XP helmets have round holes, the Riddell Speed helmets have elongated (eliptical) slots. The older Riddell VSR4 helmets (like Tom Brady still wears) don't have vent holes.
- They use both (except for Ohio State which uses all Riddell). Typically, the player makes the choice of which manufacturers' helmet they wear.
- We will replace any helmet that has mis-applied decals. A bubble in a decal can usually be easily fixed by using a hair dryer on it and then smoothing down the bubble using a soft cloth. All decals for each helmet model are the same size and color, so size and color are typically not reasons for a full-refund return.
- Unfortunately, yes. We have seen unlicensed counterfeit college helmets for sale online. These unscrupulous sellers buy blank helmet shells in a school's color, slap black market decals on them and sell them to unsuspecting buyers. Remember ... if the price is too low, beware!
Don't see your helmet question here? Email it to us at email@example.com.
- Wendi H., Delaware
You guys are awesome! I am building my home bar and will have helmets from a lot of teams on shelves. I have about 20 more to purchase. Appreciate you all so much for the excellent service! When the bar is open, drinks are on me!
The helmet came today. It looks great! My son will be beyond thrilled. Thank you again for your excellent customer service!!
Thank you so much!! I am going to have 1 happy boy on Christmas morning :) I truly appreciate the follow up. More businesses need to have your level of customer service!!
Most College Football Helmet orders are received within one week
Free Shipping Times Map
Helmet Collectors' Corner
Free Shipping on College Flags at TeamFlagStore.com
Free Shipping on NFL Helmets at NFLHelmetStore.com
Copyright © 1998-2017 College Helmet Store